Delve into the world of coffee and learn how the life-giving elixir is made on an organic coffee farm in Colombia. We will set out from the city center for the town of Choachi, just outside of Bogota. We will learn about the daily life of a coffee farmer as well as the coffee manufacturing process.
Things to know before you book:
- Ages 4-100, so long as you´re able to walk for extended periods over hills
- Max of 30 people per group
- Duration: 8–9 hours
- Start time: Every day at 8:30 AM, depending on availability
- Tours are either in Spanish or English, or both, depending on the group
Things to bring:
- We operate rain or shine, so bring an umbrella!
- Comfortable walking shoes that can get dirty
Start At: The Cranky Croc Hostel, Cl. 12d #346, Bogotá, Colombia
- **Please make sure to go inside the hostel to the reception desk and inform the receptionist that you are here for this tour.**
- We will wait 15 minutes from the starting time for everyone to arrive. If you are going to be late, please contact us by WhatsApp before the start of the tour.
- Please give yourself enough time when leaving your hotel/accomodation as traffic in Bogotá can be very dense, and sometimes it´s difficult to order via a ride-share service (Uber, Cabify, etc.)
Drive through: Cerros Orientales, Bogotá Colombia
- We will drive through the eastern hills on a beautiful mountain road to reach the town of Choachi. On this 1-2 hour drive we will undergo a very large change in elevation as well as climate and landscape.
- Duraton: 1-2 hours, depending on traffic
Stop: Organic Coffee Farm in Choachi, Cundinamarca Department
- Upon arrival at the coffee farm, we will meet our farmer hosts and sit down for a traditional breakfast
- Then we will get a crash course on the coffee growing process and what it means to be an organic coffee farm before the best part: we will go to pick the coffee ourselves (depending on the season)!
- Afterwards we will enjoy coffee tasting and a delicious lunch provided by our hosts before heading back to Bogotá
- Duration: 3 hours
Stop: Paramo De Cruz Verde, Km 20 Vía Choachí, Bogota Colombia
- We will take a quick stop at the Paramo de Cruz Verde – one of the most beautiful ecosystems in Colombia and unique to only the Andes of South America and a few small areas of Central America
- Duration: 15 minutes
End at: The Cranky Croc Hostel, Cl. 12d #346, Bogotá, Colombia
- We will end our tour at the original starting point
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not stroller accessible
- Meeting point near public transportation
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help! Just call the number below and reference the product name:
- Confirmation email will be sent after booking
- No serious medical conditions that would prevent walking long distances and down hills
- Travelers should have a good physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.
For any additional questions or help with your booking, call the number below and reference the product name:
Private transportation there and back
Professional tour guide
Small coffee bag to take home